George J. Nemphos is a Maryland attorney and founding member of NB Law, representing entrepreneurs, start-ups, emerging and mature companies, and venture capital and private equity funds. Mr. Nemphos is known for his practical and business-oriented solutions to legal issues. He advises companies in the capital markets, homeland security and life sciences space, as well as clients in the consumer products, automotive, manufacturing, restaurant, retail and insurance, industrial services, wholesale, and technology industries.
Mr. Nemphos has spent a majority of his career working with big international law firms. He has decades of experience in mergers and acquisitions, entity formation and choice, joint ventures, private placements of debt and equity, day-to-day and structural issues, as well as corporate governance and securities law compliance. As an entrepreneur himself, he works closely with firm clients to achieve practical, business oriented solutions and brings a unique perspective to client issues.
Prior to NB Law, Mr. Nemphos was the global chair of a corporate practice group for an AmLaw 100 international law firm. He has received numerous accolades and awards for his work in the legal space, including recognition as one of the “40 Under 40” business leaders in Baltimore and one of the “10 Rising Stars of Private Equity and M&A Law.” In 2006, Mr. Nemphos completed the GBC Leadership program, which hand-picks Baltimore area leaders to become strategists for the region’s future.
Mr. Nemphos practices in Maryland, and holds a LL.M. in Taxation from Georgetown University Law Center, as well as a bachelor of science degree from Boston University. He earned his juris doctorate, magna cum laude, from the University of Baltimore School of Law.
- Board of Directors, Driving Force Group
- Board of Directors, American Diabetes Association, Maryland Chapter
- St. Paul’s School for Boys, Steering Committee for the Capital Campaign
- Baltimore American Heart Ball Committee, American Heart Association
- Board of Directors, Maryland Tech Council
- Power Player Smart CEO Magazine 2015
- Best Lawyer, Leverage Buyouts and Private Equity Best Lawyers in America 2015
- Leverage Buyouts and Private Equity Law Best Lawyers in America 2014
- Lawyer of the Year, Leverage Buyouts, Baltimore Best Lawyers in America 2013
- Leverage Buyout and Private Equity Best Lawyers in America 2013
- Legal Elite SmartCEO Magazine 2012
- Best Lawyer, Leverage Buyout and Private Equity Best Lawyers in America 2012
- Legal Elite SmartCEO Magazine 2011
- Leverage Buyouts and Private Equity Best Lawyers in America 2011
- Leveraged Buyouts and Venture Capital Best Lawyers in America 2010
- Legal Elite SmartCEO Magazine 2009
- Maryland Super Lawyers 2009
- Top 10 Rising Stars of Private Equity and M&A Law, Institutional Investor News 2008
- 2006 Leadership Class Greater Baltimore Committee 2006
- 40 Under 40 Baltimore Business Journal 2001
- Heusler Honor Society University of Baltimore School of Law 1994